Sunday, April 18, 2010

I finally felt like writing again!!

Well, here I am…back in the blogging community once again. I made this blog about a month ago and I am just now getting around the writing on it! I hope this isn’t any indication of how frequent of a blogger I’ll be. I really used to enjoy blogging before my mission. My mom was asking me the other day what the point of a blog is. I told her about how it helps me to stay caught up with people and know what’s going on in their lives. Her response? “Well, it’s no one’s’ business what you a doing!”. I laughed. Then I realized that there is a much larger reason why I used to enjoy blogging and that is that it was for me. It was something that I used to do when I was feeling like I had too many things going on in my head. It was a way that I could let some of the many thoughts floating around in my head spill out onto paper. It was a great way to clear my mind. Well today, I had a lot of things going on in my mind. The first thing I am thinking about is my mission. However, if I am being honest, this isn’t rare. I think about my mission every day of my life. Oh how I loved being a missionary and how I long to just shout the truthfulness of the gospel from the roof tops! I know how Alma felt when he declared “O that I were an angel and could have the wish of mine heart”. But today, the reason I am thinking about my mission is because I went to a missionary homecoming talk today. It stirred up so many feelings. As I listened to my friend speak of all the miracles that he experienced on his mission, I couldn’t help but remember all the miracles the Lord allowed me to be a part of when I was on my mission. I have also been thinking a lot about my future. This has been troubling me for some time now. I finally asked my dad to give me a blessing the other night because I was just looking for some peace. The blessing gave me a lot of direction! Now, I am certain of a few things. It is a good thing for me to finish my Elementary Education degree. It is a good thing for me to go to SUU in the fall. And finally it is a good thing to “become proficient in the Spanish Language”. How these three things all fit together, I don’t know. I have an uneasy feeling about what is in store for me. I think this is due to my inability to make decisions. I feel like even when I get answers to my prayers, I question those answers and talk my way around them until I’ve convinced myself that it never was an answer in the first place! I just hope I can figure out what it is the Lord wants me to do because that is really all that matters to me. Well hopefully all my of blog posts won’t be this serious. I just have felt in a somber mood the last little while and thought that if I were to express it, perhaps it might dispel it.

2 comments:

  1. ...wow..... thank you for trusting us enough to post your soul on your blog. You have lots of important decisions to make, but luckily you don't have to make them alone. Good call on getting the blessing from your dad! The miracles you witnessed and took part in are great evidences that God is part of the whole grand design. People out here let Him make miracles in their lives, let Him make some in your own! Love you ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your updated blog link! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete